SHARE OF WHEAT IN COST OF FLOUR AND BREAD

 


Following table provides a comparison between wheat and stock exchange average prices applied by TGB and flour and bread prices in recent years

 

 

 

TMO AKS Buğ Wheat Selling Price

(TL/Ton)

Average Price at Commodity Exchange

(TL/Ton)

Flour Price

(50 Kg/ bag)

(TL)

Type 650                      

Bread Price

(TL/Kg)

2003

382

367

28,2

1,1

2004

439

379

28,7

1,2

2005

435

343

28,7

1,2

2006

404

394

28,3

1,26

2007

449

464

33,1

1,56

2008

501

569

42,45

2,03

2009

553

531

39,82

2,12

2010 (average in 2 months)

585

564

40,27

2,12

 

Share of wheat in cost of the flour is around 70 %.

Share of flour in cost of the bread is around 30 % and remaining 70 % is general production costs, workmanship costs, profit share of the baker and share of the vendor.

Share of wheat in cost of the bread is 21 %.

 

Average price of bread on February 2009 was 2,13 TL/Kg and 2,13 TL/Kg on February 2010 while the flour price was 41,13 TL/ 50 Kg on February 2009 and 40,59 TL/ 50 Kg on February 2010.

 

 



                                                                                               HEAD OF PROCUREMENT AND STORAGE DEPARTMENT